At our May meeting, we awarded 2 $1000 scholarships to young women pursuing degrees and involved in conservative initiatives.
Caroline Jackson is a piano major at Savannah Arts with an overall GPA of 4.0. She is highly motivated, works hard for everything, enjoys learning and makes those around her want to learn. She wants to know what others think and has good discussions on tough issues.
- An Interpretor at Davenport House (both volunteer and paid)
- VP of Model UN – Receiving Honorable Mention at Model UN at GSU in 2017
- A semi-finalist for the Governor’s Honors Program – Social Studies
- Camp counselor at Hands on History Camp run by Historic Sav. Foundation.
- US History Award as a sophomore – due to not only classroom work but also knowledge of Savannah area (via Davenport House) and international issues (via Model UN).
- Political Activities: Washington Workshops (1 week in summer of 2017) – talked with Buddy Carter.
- A camp counselor for 3 mission trips for Vacation Bible School in Jamaica.
Caroline Odom is graduating from Richmond Hill HighSchool with an overall GPA of 4.0. She has excellent leadership qualities, is mature, intelligent, articulate, caring and open to understanding others.
- Secretary/Treasurer of RHHS Young Republicans
- Vice President of RHHS Students against Destructive Decisions Club
- Secretary of the RHHS Marching Band
- An attendee of the Governor’s Honors Program – Communicative Arts
- She participated in campaigns for a number of Republican candidates
- She went on a mission trip to Tapachula, Mexico, in 2017 with Mission on the Move. She’s returning in 2018.
- She’s tutored elementary students in reading for several years.